Monday, August 17, 2009

360 degree flip

Wow, I knew it could happen but didn't allow myself to go there until it did. I am back in the classroom this fall!!! It is amazing to consider in just mere weeks I will be back to "Ms. Oelke" to 20 or so lil ones-but not so little-5/6 graders are not all to little and actually! What a transition it will be from first grade and the very casual daycare setting I have been at. I have appreciated the time I have had at the daycare and the numerous lessons I learned from being there and the journey I have taken to get back to the classroom! In just a few weeks time I will be not only a teacher but a coach--yes don't die from laughing so hard but I will be helping to coach the high school volleyball team and possibly the Jr. high girls basketball team. Although I have no experience whats-so ever coaching I am excited for the new adventure and the lessons I might learn about myself and the world around me through the experience. It is amazing how God prepares everything-things that I never thought would come to help me out in the future career have been vital in getting this job-merely playing the sport and having a general idea of how the sport works! God has also taken care of some other prior obligations that I had and provided people who are willing and able to step up and take them over due to school or volleyball conflicts. It is a joy to stop stressing (I did that last night-had my little freak out party) and just reflect on how God as already provided and been faithful and trust God will continue to take care of everything and provide all that is needed! It is so much fun to see where God's hand is already at work and to consider what he might do this on this new journey. I will be moving out to Hendrum at some point. I am not sure when and I am not exactly sure where but that will also be a change. From being able to meet up with family or friends at a moments notice to having to have everything somewhat planned from my shopping and get gas! My life will look very different very soon but it is an exciting difference and I am ready to go on the adventure! You can look forward to some stories from the classroom or the court in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment