Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year New Schedule

Turn on the radio, turn on the tv, read a magazine or the news paper around the new year and you read all about the various New Year Resolutions people are making and determined to be successful in. I however, don't typically do well with new year resolutions and tend to feel defeated within the first day to three days at tops. Therefore, I just don't do new year resolutions. I am do, however, try to routinely try to reflect on who I am and the person I am meant to be. At times I become overwhelmed and just point blank depressed when I think about who I am and where I think I should be. Other times I think I am doing okay although I know there is plenty to work on. 2009 was a tough year in many ways. The year was full of challenges and changes along with much joy. As I reflected on 2009 during the weeks and days that lead up to the new year and the days that have already passed within 2010 I realized when the tough times came throughout the year I put many critical and important habits and routines on the back burner and in some cases completely erased them from my life. Habits like getting enough sleep, stopping and just being still, reading or doing other activities for enjoyment, making time to hang out or call and chat with dear friends, and going outside my box to help others in need. I allowed the hard, tough situations to rule my life instead of living my life and preserving through them. In response to my reflections I have created myself a new schedule...in hopes to gain back some of the healthy routines I allowed to fall out of my day to day life. I am not doing this because it is January and I need to have a new years resolution or because someone put me up to it. I have created this new schedule for no other reason besides...I want to. I know there are many things I want to work on as a individual to help me become the person I want to be, to be the person that God desires me to be as a daughter of the King. I want to do what brings me joy and I love doing and some how in the past year I lost many of those things so I want to take them back. I want to challenge myself and push myself farther out of my comfort zone and into the new adventures that God, himself, has planned for me in this time and season. Who knows where I might be by the end of the year! God has great things in store and I am eagerly anticipating what they might be! At times I am fairly anal and like to start things on either the 1st or the 15th of the month; simply because it allows me to feel like I am starting on a crisp clean day. I really want to wait until the 15th because I feel like it will be a better day to start and I am anal but I also realize I can't push this off anymore. Therefore, tomorrow I will start my new schedule tomorrow. I continually tell my students that it takes 30 days to form a routine. Therefore...the next month is going to be the hardest...and I hope I have the ambition and self control to stick to my schedule and routines I have planned as much as possible. So why did I take up an entire post to tell you about my schedule? Well because everyone needs accountability...it is my goal to post at least once a week about how I am doing on keeping my schedule and share more about what the various new habits I am including into my life as well as the old ones I allow to drift out of my life. I encourage you to ask me how I am doing with keeping my schedule! Accountability is so important!

1 comment:

  1. well its about time you wrote a new post! love you katie! come to kenya....

    ReplyDelete