Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Exhausted

As I type I am half asleep, as well as very physically and emotionally drained.I love relationships and think that they are the most important thing that you can invest in while here on Earth; with the most important relationship of all being the one you have with Jesus Christ. Although I truly believe relationships are vital and much needed I am ready to throw them out the door and not look back. I look around me and see my co-workers stress and frustration from relationships with co-workers and the children as well as stresses from relationships outside of work. I look into my own life and see relationships numerous positive relationships where there is mutual support and encouragement with among one another. I am so very blessed with many dear friends and loved ones that I adore spending time with; dear people in my life who accept me just as I am and who I am becoming with each passing day. But I also see other relationships with much strain and toxic relationships at need to be dealt with in a positive and respectful manner but dealt with non the less. Do I think they will be this way forever, not all, but some possibly. With those that I feel wont change I will give them up to God and go let go as he leads me. I am also thankful for these relationships as they help shape me into the person God has for me to be and valuable lessons are learned from such relationships. They too will forever impact my life. It saddens me to think that people come and go in your life. I love the coming portion but not so much the going portion but have come to terms that as much as it hurts at times-change is a good thing and can bring healing. Sometimes it just means a change in how you interact with one another and how often you meet up, etc. due to a variety of situations. Other times it means that you have to recognize that God is saying it is just time to move on. Seasons come and go and there is a reason for that...and in the end it is all for God's glory! So even though I am drained and don't think I can handle much more, and consider how simple my life would be (but really have no meaning or purpose) without relationships I will continue to strive to be a positive influence in the lives of those who God brings to me and puts into my life, no matter how long or short of a time they may be in my life. Living one day at a time, minute to minute, walking with the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment