Friday, June 26, 2009

Something to Say-The Motions

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break
At least I'll be feeling something'
Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day without
Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,instead of going through the motions?"
...Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something'
--Matthew West
So often we want to live in our comfortable little bubble of life...just going through the day to day motions, while God is knocking at our hearts telling us he has so much more to offer us but we have to be willing to step out of our bubble. Never did he tell us that it would be easy by any means. But it is worth it and as the lyrics say at least I am feeling something-even when God convicts of sin or calls us to work through painful situations of our past. His all consuming passion and love is far greater than the nothingness that this life and this world lead you to...the material possessions and quick fixes that provide only momentary happiness and possibly years of heartache.
As I go through my own storms in life I am thankful for the pain and I am certain God is working through every moment of it, that he is using it to mold me into the woman of God he has created me to be and that I need to be for the various individuals that he places in my life today and years down the road. It is painful now and I only see a glimpse of the glory and a glimpse of his purpose in it but it is much better than going through the motions of this world. So I ask, are you going through the motions? Are you lettings God love make you whole? Will you hold me accountable to stepping out of my comfort zone and leave the motions behind? Because there are certainly plenty of days where it is easy to say-Its just a day-let me escape the pain for a day...but really I don't want to miss God's all consuming power in my life for a moment let alone a day. I need him to make me whole everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment